April 07, 2017
Viva CalleSJ is still rolling in 2017! Today, the City of San José’s Department of Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Services (PRNS) officially announced that the third installment of Viva CalleSJ, the Open Streets program that last year brought nearly 100,000 residents out to walk, bike, skate and play, will return on Sunday, September 17, 2017.
Pronounced “Vee-Va Ka-Ye Es-Jay,” the popular program opens up miles of San José’s City streets, converting them into a vibrant park where participants can explore some of San José’s rich and vibrant neighborhoods stretching through some of San José's diverse neighborhoods and business corridors. For this year’s program, residents can expect a new route, providing different neighborhoods and businesses to discover and explore. The 2017 route will be formally announced as part of National Bike Month in May 2017.
The program is led by PRNS, with outreach support from Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition and funding generously provided by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, Santa Clara County Public Health Department and Youth Connections Foundation. The latest program details can be found at www.vivacallesj.org. Make sure to follow Viva CalleSJ on Facebook and Twitter. For more information, please contact Neil Rufino, Acting Deputy Director, at (408) 535-3576.
- Take VTA to Viva CalleSJ! 2018 Bus Reroute Information.
- Pokémon GO is Back!
- Be a Part of Northern California's Biggest Open Streets Event, Volunteer Today!
- 2017 Viva CalleSJ Stage Schedule
- Pokémon GO FAQ for Viva CalleSJ
- Calling all San José residents, want to know more about Viva CalleSJ? Join us at one of our Community Meetings!
- Take pride in your community by taking part in Viva CalleSJ!
- Still Rolling! Viva CalleSJ is back with 7 more miles of open streets for 2017! Check out this year's Downtown & Eastbound: El Corazon route.
- Still Rolling! Sunday, September 17, 2017
- Viva CalleSJ Brings San Jose Together, Promotes Exercise, Supports Local Businesses