Doesn't matter if you are a group or an individual, Viva CalleSJ has something for you! It is time to get excited Viva CalleSJ again, we are back September 23, 2018 with a 6-mile route extending through San José, from downtown to the southside. We are calling on you to step up, help out, and volunteer for this fun and safe open streets event. Team up with the Department of Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Services to make sure all participants at the event have a great experience.
“I wish I didn’t volunteer at Viva CalleSJ” – Said no one ever! Our volunteers have enjoyed their experiences in exploring the city, helping others with bike issues and general questions, receiving a “Swag Bag” filled with goodies, and so much more. But don’t take our word for it, this is what our past volunteers had to say about their experience:
“Volunteering at Viva CalleSJ was one of the best experiences of my year, I love the Viva CalleSJ volunteer T-shirts!”
“I enjoyed the event and being able to talk with different participants about how they were enjoying the event and being able to roam in the car-free streets.”
Whether you want to spread the word about Viva CalleSJ, help with setup and teardown, patrol the route, or monitor an intersection - we need you! Find out about the roles we’re looking to fill and available shifts on our Eventbrite page.
- Quebec Tries New Crosswalk System
- Paris Mayor: It's Time for a '15-Minute City'
- Every Street In Paris To Be Cycle-Friendly By 2024, Promises Mayor
- State Park Plan Is Conservationist's Dream. But Reformers Want Focus on Neglected Neighborhoods
- Barcelona's Car-Free City Experiment
- America's Love Affair with Driving Takes a Backseat
- Why Car-Free Streets Will Soon Be the Norm - CityLab
- San Diego considering banning cars on Fifth Avenue to create ‘Gaslamp Promenade’
- Addis Ababa Goes Traffic Free For A Day
- Take VTA to Viva CalleSJ! 2018 Bus Reroute Information.